The recent beheading of Samuel Paty in France has sparked an old debate. The teacher was allegedly killed by an Islamic radical teenager for showing cartoons of Prophet Mohammad to his students. French President Emmanuel Macaron said that this episode was, “A run of the mill Islamist fear-based oppressor assault “, and that “Our compatriot was slaughtered for showing youngsters the right to speak freely of discourse”.
The homicide was one of the few terror-based attacks in France as of late, and it made its way to French national debates and governmental issues. A few Islamic nations including Turkey, Iran, Jordan, and pioneers Kuwait condemned the assault.
On the contrary, Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammad claimed after the incident that, “Muslims have the right to be angry and to kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past”.
- The presence of approximately 25 million muslims in the 28 nations of the European Union is as of now starting debate, discussion, dread and even disdain. At no other time have we seen such an atmosphere of shared doubt among Muslims and standard European social orders.
- General feeling overviews in Europe show expanding trepidation and resistance to European Muslims, who are now seen as a danger to public character, homegrown security and social texture. Muslims on the other hand are persuaded that most of Europe rejects their essence and denounces and caricaturize their religion.
- The Islamic schools in Europe contend that Islamic radicalism should be seen from the viewpoint of exhaustion in Western urban communities and a feeling of comfort and fellowship being gained from the thought of Ummah. With a similar rationale, bigot and traditional brutality can be disclosed which also needs to change the personality of the state.
- Europe throughout the years has had the option to deal with the profane speech. It has had the option to rest its grisly history of investigations and witch-hutnig when many ladies were scorched for the sake of one preeminent God.
- Europe throughout some undefined time frame saw abstract, social and sexual insurgency which isn't the situation with Islamic social orders. Early Christianity considered marriage just for reproduction and not delight which was not the situation with Islam which inside its ambit accommodated sexual craving. This has regularly prompted the exaggeration of lecherous Muslim men.
- Over the 80 years, Europe has seen exceptional rushes of movement in light of different reasons.
- The subsequent wave occurred in view of the disengagement of West Asian states.
- Here is a statistical analysis of Muslim Immigrant Population
- Lately, Europe has encountered a record flood of shelter searchers escaping clashes in Syria and other prevalently Muslim nations.
- This influx of Muslim travelers has incited banter about movement and security arrangements in various nations and has brought up issues about the current and future number of Muslims in Europe.
- The gauge for every one of the three situations is the Muslim populace in Europe (characterized here as the 28 nations as of now in the European Union, in addition to Norway and Switzerland) as of mid-2016, assessed at 25.8 million (4.9% of the general populace) – up from 19.5 million (3.8%) in 2010.
- Regardless of whether all movement into Europe – a "zero relocation" situation – the Muslim populace of Europe actually would be relied upon to ascend from the current degree of 4.9% to 7.4% continuously 2050.
This article has been written by Smaran Kulkarni for The Paradigm
See you next time...