Neuralink to the OpenAI
The Neuralink Corporation :-
- The Neuralink Corporation is a America based neuroscience technology company founded by celebrity engineer and entrepreneur Elon Musk with Ben Rapoport, Dongjin Seo, Max Hodak, Paul Merolla, Philip Sabes, Tim Gardner, Tim Hanson, and Vanessa Tolosa. Company's headquarters is in San Francisco which started in 2016 but was first publicly reported in march 2017.
- The Neuralink Corporation is developing an implantable " Brain-Computer Interface " (BCI) which will create a direct communication pathway between an enhanced or wired brain and an external device. The BCI can also be used for researching, mapping, assisting, augmenting, or repairing human sensory-motor function.
- According to 'wait but why' blog, the Neuralink Corporation was aiming to make devices to treat serious brain diseases in the short-term, with the eventual goal of human enhancement, sometimes called transhumanism. As well as Elon Musk stated that his long term goal is to achieve 'symbiosis with artificial intelligence' which will emphasize the horizon of the human brain.
Brain Implant Neuralink :-
- Neuralink's brain implants prototypes contain all the micro integrated circuitry (IC) components, which includes a battery, a processor, and bluetooth radio, along with 1024 electrodes , all on board the device. Each electrode records the activity of somewhere between zero and four neurons in the brain.
- The current prototype which is in use for testing purposes referred to as version 0.9. Its cylindrical shape measures at 23 millimetres by 8 millimetres which is the size of a stack of 5 U.S. quarters. This implant has 1024 electrode "threads" attached to it that are implanted into the brain. And the implant could include as many as 3,072 electrodes per array which can be distributed across 96 threads and each with 4 to 6 μm in width.
- The Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) system developed by Neuralink is to be able to "read and write" from millions of neurons in the brain, as well as translating human thought into computer commands, and vice versa. In July 2020, Elon Musk Stated that the Neuralink obtained 'Food and Drug Administration' breakthrough device designation which allows them limited human testing under the FDA guidelines for medical devices.
OpenAI project :-
- The openAI is a research laboratory in San Francisco founded by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, Ilya Sutskever, Greg Brockman, Wojciech Zaremba and John Schulman which is considered a competitor to brain, conducts research in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) which focuses on developing friendly AI in a way that benefits humans. But Elon Musk resigned from the board in February 2018 but remained a donor.
- The openAI products include GPT, GPT-2, GPT-3. The original paper on generative pre-training (GPT) of a language model was written by Alec Radford and colleagues, and published in preprint on OpenAI's website. The openAI which was started as a non-profit company but Following OpenAI's transitions for-profit the company distributed equity to its employees and partnered with Microsoft Corporation, and Microsoft invested 1 billion US dollars into the company.
- Elon Musk criticized OpenAI, arguing that the company "should be more open" and adding to that his confidence that it will prioritize safety "is not high." In his tweet he called out Dario Amodei, a former Google engineer who now leads OpenAI's strategy.
Connection to starlink :-
- The Starlink Project will provide the entire planet almost anywhere on the entire planet with 5G internet access. Neuralink is going to be some sort of mesh implant over the brain that connects us to the internet and the “cloud” (collective consciousness) which will only work if the entire world has access to high speed 5G internet.
- After the starlink network will be completed, Elon Musk wants to connect the starlink with the neuralink chip. Due to this, the whole network will be a breakthrough to the future.
This article has been written by Atharva Budrukkar for The Paradigm
See you next time...